When it’s time to select the right window treatments for your home, knowing yourself is almost as important as knowing your home. It all comes down to personal needs and tastes, and there are tons of options that achieve just the right combination of creativity and practicality for you. And the experts at Made 4 U Shades Blinds & Shutters are happy to be your idea partner each step of the way. Let’s get started!
- Blinds or shades? – Blinds may be the best choice if you want to adjust the amount of light that filters into a room throughout the day. We offer blinds made from a wood, vinyl, faux wood and a variety of other materials with styles that will complement any room. Shades are the answer if you’re looking for the most creativity, versatility and style. They provide more ways to create different looks and moods using texture, pattern, and fabric weight. Window shades are coverings constructed of plastic, fabric and other materials that are wrapped around a roller that fits into the top of the window frame. Shades are available in a variety of colors.
- Formal or casual? – What’s your style? Formal window treatments often work best in living rooms and dining rooms, while more casual treatments may work best for family rooms and kitchens. Rooms where you want a great deal of sunlight lend themselves to sheer or transparent window treatments. When it comes to the kitchens and bathrooms, choose a window treatment that will handle humidity and moisture and is easy to clean.
- Think about privacy and safety – Do you have young children in your household? Cords can present a choking hazard, so you may need streamlined cordless blinds and shades. You should also select window treatments that won’t act as a barrier that might prevent a child from getting out safely. Privacy is also a concern, especially for bedrooms and bathrooms on the first floor. Many people want to have large amounts of light shine in during the day, but want their privacy at night.
- Let the light shine in (or not) – Do you want your room bright and airy or dark and cozy for anytime naps? Do you love the morning sun but want to change your lighting as the day progresses? Are your windows on the sunny side of the house or mostly in the shade? All of these factors will influence the styles and materials you choose.
- Consider your budget and your time – Are you seeking treatments for just one window or the entire house? You may consider spending more on certain windows and scaling back on others. Window treatments are priced by size and customized or specialty products may add to the cost. How much time and effort are you willing to spend cleaning? Standard blinds can be cleaned at home, but need regular attention because they collect a lot of dust. Shades in textured fabrics and weaves hide soil better and can be vacuumed or professionally cleaned.
- Accent beautiful views from odd-shaped windows – Let’s face it folks, we live here because we love the view, but that sometimes mean cabin or chalet windows that come in odd shapes and sizes or a wall of windows that provide panoramic views. Our vertical blinds are great for windows that are wider than they are tall and slide from side to side. They’re also perfect for hard to cover angle top or chalet style windows. For cabins, we have Chalet Triangular Blinds, which are perfect for those big angle topped windows.
Have we got you thinking? Then call us and let’s start the conversation. We’ll even come out and do a free estimate. To find out more, please give Jim a call at 828-835-4957 locally or 1-888-206-0711 or explore our website to find out which blind or shade options will work best for you.